Sunday, April 18, 2010

Holy Work Out Results Batman!

Forget Doing Long Bouts of Cardio!

Ok, so I thought I'd change it up a little this week as I was bored and un-motivated. While I'm obviously never going to stop doing Aikido, I've been looking for something that would get my heart rate up, lungs pumping but still build some muscle unlike the typical cardio I do.  My body seems to adjust too quickly to the cardio and I don't see the results.  If I only do weight training it makes me WAY too tired to do Aikido effectively which can be dangerous, especially since I'm already training with an inured shoulder and wrist. (I know I shouldn't be)

So, I found this free video and while I can't even properly perform the jump push ups the guy demonstrates, I understand where he's coming from.  Doing ultra-dynamic low weight and/or body weight movements can really change up the routine.  I've already noticed my waist lost a little, and I just feel awesome.  Check it out, and think about the philosophy behind it.   It certainly helps with time.  As some of you know I've really been pushing to get my home business off the ground, but I don't want to forget about my health. Studies show that people who are in better physical condition are more productive when working.

Hope it helps!

http://shahtraining.com/forget-cardio-try-this-4-minute-conditioning-circuit-for-fat-loss/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

True Victory is Self Victory - Morihei Ueshiba

Thanks!

Aikidojoe

No comments:

Post a Comment